Tuesday, December 2, 2008

resting (dentist challenge)

The dentist issue nearly overcame me, could still.

As it is, americanbiodental.com in TJ is giving me some hope. Got through, their English is good, $50 for all preliminaries, $65/filling. Worries: they advertise in the new age mags, Hg filling replacement, huggins protocol.

There is a guy in the neighborhood with a $50 intro too.

Fear walking into DDS office w/o insurance, with only $1000 savings.

Figure I will:
check out medi-cal/denti-cal. . .
Get initial exam, get idea of how much getting a "no work needed" letter will cost.

---

But was doing all the bad coping and avoidance techniques (eating, mainly), then gave up, then got to calling, finally.

By giving up: "I'll have to go a different route, besides the school."

Can update my apps with the other two places (Kirby, NOAA): I've got MMD, TWIC. Look for other jobs to pay the dentist.

---

Well. Realizing I want to be taken care of, helped with this. If I get in to the school & union, then I'm helped from then on. Others can join peace corps, military, americorps, etc.

Just getting a job on a boat. . . suppose I should look more into that.

But if I can deal with the dentist challenge, could be a positive thing, maybe could get regular checkups as recommended.

My fear is due to gums having receded, plus sensitive pits in those areas. And past experience with how fast a US dentist can rack up the bill for questionably-needed work.

---

I work Thursday and next Friday, if no rain, +$450. Hope I can get my dentist letter for $500 or less-- if not, then will look at what else I mentioned.

---

Aimless this AM. Below 190lbs. Made it to Kroc, via visit to friend's (no answer). Met Melissa & Don at pool (new friends), Marcus, Geneva, Roger. Quick kata, swim, weights.

Think when my friend and I are happily occupied, we both know we don't want to get more mixed up with other than we are. . . When we get lonely-ish we seek each other out ("yes, someone in world responds to me!"), walk, play games, have fun. . .then she may say things she will not feel like backing up when she's had time to consider, and perhaps the same here.

---

Made it across hwy, but may not go up and down hill. Yesterday walked to World Market/asian grocer, got dried seaweed, dried shiitake, dried clams & squid (-$15)--mostly useful for backpacking nutrition.

Peace,

No comments: