Gianni, I'm more or less alright! (That last post is not easy to follow). The pool doesn't open till noon.
The TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) may have put the nail in the coffin of the commercial seagoing effort. I'd have to pay $132.99 to find out whether I'm a terrorist and able to walk unaccompanied through a port. If you're suspected of sedition or attempted sedition (agitation against the government, written or otherwise, whatever whoever takes that to mean). . .
Well--I did want to work with others; an armed guard can escort me to my tug.
The costs and uncertainties kept adding up. (Merchant Mariner Doc: $155 + [physical + drug test = >$100] + transportation time and cost).
I looked through employment papers. Personal fitness trainer?
Put some time in on Amazon's mechanical turk ( mturk.com ). +$2?
Got to thinking maybe I should become a reviewer of homeless shelters. Looked into that. I may yet. Or a security guard there.
So what has to give? I did apply/begin applying to entry-level ship jobs with NOAA(?) (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Admin?), and Kirby Marine (Texas, Lousiana fuel, chemical barges).
Have I worked on a team I'm with for 24 hrs day in/day out to accomplish a mission asks NOAA. What evidence do you have?
Well the evidence isn't good.
And I'm not sure how I'll deal with standing watches and diesel fumes, or a whole heck of a lot of it (Gulf summers and winters with Kirby). Well things could come through: NOAA, Kirby, SIU (Seafarers International Union) Paul Hall unlicensed mariner program.
So what has to give may be the moving around. . . at least at sea, in close quarters with others, until I establish a different work history.
Money is on the mind (just about below $2000 mark), money which is perhaps devaluing, And the weather is getting colder.
I'll probably check out WWOOFing ( wwoof.org ?). Must pay $20 for the book? Check used books?
Then looked at Camp Stevens--campstevens.org (?). Being an intern there could work! It is nearby, makes use of recent experience, has good gardens, I've worked on their challenge course before. Have met the gardener several times. It is in an actual forest.
Baja's general lack of trees got to me.
Dad, I did order _The New Hawsepipe_ (thenewhawsepipe.org ?), and sent it to Northern Virginia by mistake. Maybe mom can bring it out, but I don't really need it, I suppose.
An issue is the endless web applications asking for employment history.
For me that's wrong (many to list, too much time).
I look for what does not require those apps or soul-selling to "homeland security" (sedition?).
Go where there is not (/is less) bureaucracy. Go to where one is closer to essentials. To where you are known/need to know the people rather than have the right docs & paperwork. To where if there is paperwork, they'll help you get through it because you already know you want to work together.
I got to considering the potential of small boats. Can I kayak/canoe along San Diego/Sweetwater rivers. Along the coast? Mississippi? Inland waterway? With others?
That's what's up. If not Camp Stevens, then perhaps WWOOF, keep eye out for cruising boats to get on (San Carlos got hit by the hurricane--is redpill's boat ok?), for commercial opportunities too.
Goals:
- Keep moving (this may give, temporarily? Do I need to keep moving or just to leave Grandma Ann's house?)
- Avoid cars/urban areas (until their transformation to carfree is further along. Car use is consumption/destruction engine.)
- Work with others.
Peace,
No comments:
Post a Comment