Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Urban Camping?; Rut.

Well, I'm back in SD in the place I tried to get unstuck from. May never get unstuck? So it goes in hours: got computer out; got email taken care of and pics up; started looking for jobs; sort of gave up seeking using computer; free internet failed; started feeling like I should get out of here ASAP--tomorrow morning, perhaps to Monterey; using cell phone, got to looking at craigslist rideshares, then jobs, volunteering, etc; then decided to post. "Urban Camping?" is in _strictly platonic_, but maybe _activity partners_ would be better, but can't crosspost:

---
Looking for folks who might want to camp out around town. Admittedly it may be risky and not always the most pleasant (lights, noise, air pollution, helicopters), but maybe we can plan grander adventures to more serene places.

We can also camp at friends' backyards.

I'm happy to share techniques--I've done two months in the sierras, a week at Ensenada, a total of two or so weeks over the years at various places in urban SD county, three weeks or so in rural/wilderness SD county. And I have plenty to learn.

basically, we can meet somewhere, walk until we find a decent place to sleep, sleep, & perhaps cook breakfast in the morning there or at a nearby park grill.

---

that's it.

what now?

I know society values those who can develop and implement prosocial visions over the longterm. (Eliot Jacques/requisite organization/holacracy/etc.)

I know society values those who can lead others instead of simply selling their time and labor to those who pay the most for what one can tolerate doing.

so. . .

well anyway, I don't know what I'm doing. I suppose I could head to Monterey and camp there until I find something I can sell myself to, if being here gets to be too much.

the rut is: mindless eating, exercising, internetting, reading of union tribune. Walking around car-infested, paved neighborhoods I've been in for too long.

potential outs that appeal somewhat are: sea/coast work of some kind; urban planning work of some kind; or just continuing to wander, but with others in some way?

the nearby senior center in the Jewish Community Ctr is looking for volunteers too.

Peace,

No comments: