Sunday, August 24, 2008

prissy not

2008-08-24-1034 Ever heaven, ever wrong. I need not accept it, perhaps, but my friends left trash, at least a receipt, probably the rest was theirs, mostly just their freeze-dried food bag filled with stuff, and other scraps and litter and a plastic single-use shopping bag, the kind being banned. The receipt was the asian guy from Gaithersburg's for fishing gear, dated 8/20.

I was frolicking around suitless in my private, eternally-flowing pools, several nearly olympic size, warm enough, though not for too long, with elements of danger: could I be sucked down, and not able to get back--walls too sheer, current too strong? But all was well, and after the above discovery went back for my until-then-unused goggles, and then I could see the fish.

Now warming in the sun about to walk on south--those other guys were returning north to their car. I do not fathom what I have witnessed here [a lover's quarrel, a rushed night-time departure, did I disturb their isolation?]. These were the trekking-pole type--but that's nearly anyone with extra $. So, ever heaven, ever wrong. And they're headed to Paiute Canyon (North Lake Trailhead), then French Canyon, Pine Canyon, and going some cross-country (off-trail) places too. I've run into or heard of quite a few people going off-trail out here.

Happily, only around this spot, Cassidy Bridge, have I found so much trash, but usually I don't hang out where others camp.

1107

Peace,

No comments: