Tuesday, July 22, 2008

laguna, sequoia, perhaps

Current plan is to go to Mt Laguna on Friday with neighborhood friend, then to Sequoia NF, somehow, and walk mostly on PCT to Yosemite, where I sent a 5 gallon resupply bucket for $17.

After the last post, I leapt up and took care of many things, as if I were to leave today. I was stressing about the resupply bucket--where to send it and pickup fees and so on. And decided to pay to ship it off to get it off my mind.

The previous day, Sunday, I had walked across the highway to Windmill Farms to get food for the bucket: $30. I may not get there in time to pick it up- I wrote: hold until 8/21.

The walk I might do is maybe around 250 miles. It looks like there are places to resupply along the way. Or I could walk out to a road and hitch somewhere if necessary.

Staying here till Friday I will: eat some of the food that would be awkward to take. I've begun to try to dry in the oven some of the meat that was in the freezer that grandma don't want me to leave there: goat I got for free, and 2 of 5 whole jack mackerels. I learn by failing--next time I should do better. Just hope I manage not to poison self. Probably will use dried stuff, if it works, only in pot of cooked stuff. If you want to email me instructions and warnings, feel free. My computer is packed up--no Internet here. Cookbooks were mailed off too.

An issue with most human processed food is added sodium. There was some dried chicken at WF for dogs that was $6/8oz or about that with no added sodium, antibiotics, preservatives, and came in chamomile, glucosamine, and other varieties. Probably better than most packaged human food.

Today I went to personal spa @ Kroc after some morning business: full kata, swim, sit, weights, then cooking a good pot of stuff. Had not taken that kind of time for all that for a while.

Next: work on sewing projects: scarf of extra quilt materials, finish tarp pulls. That's about it.

Peace,

No comments: