Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update Re: Origin skills and technomad forest gathering in SD County: Fri May 9 - Mon May 12 and beyond

I sent this to the sifter list:
I'm new to the sifter list, and I hope this is a good way to introduce myself! I found out about this list through Garrett Lisi's page. I'm organizing these trips to help me and others spend more time in unpaved areas resting, sharing, learning.
Briefly: A hour drive from SD, up to a three-mile hike from the trailhead, (bring your own supplies) and no other plans than that with Jasmine, Christine, & Colin, who in March organized a primitive skills gathering.

This is short notice for this trip, but if it sounds interesting please let me know. I am tentatively planning to be out there for two weeks and I could meet you at a trailhead anytime in that period. Or we could plan an entirely different outing.
The details are here:

Origin skills and technomad forest gathering in SD County: Fri May 9 - Mon May 12 and beyond
( or, shorter: http://is.gd/cYW )

The updates to that earlier post are:
  • We'll be leaving at 9 or 10am on Friday from a spot near SDSU. (Earlier than that from Escondido)
  • I'll have Adventure Passes for two cars. There's one more tight space in Jasmine's truck.
  • Here's more on the technomad nature of the trip.
  • The forest service says: No open flames. (Portable solar ovens??)
  • J & Christine may be returning Sunday PM.
We may head to a spot along the PCT north of the 8 and south of S1 in the Laguna Mountains.

Jasmine, Christine, and I met through sdfoodnotlawns.com.

I'll announce other trips at fo-rest.blogspot.com -- so I may not email the sifter list for another three months, if then.

Peace,
Colin

--
http://purl.org/j9k/sig/

No comments: